Resource Conservation Group offers salvaged and reclaimed timber from every part of the country. When you question new vs. old, we think old wins every step of the way. The debth and warmth of this product is unsurpassed by new lumber. Please see the article "New Growth vs. Old Growth", number four on this slideshow for more information. Make an educated decision.
- There are many reasons why you may become enthusiastic about reclaimed wood for the interiors and even furniture for your home, office, or retail store:
- A floor made from antique wood has a unique beauty and defining character that cannot be found in newly sawn timber.
- Recycling wood is an environmentally responsible alternative to cutting down trees.
- Reclaimed wood has been transformed by nature and time into something unique that links us to our past.
- Every one of the floors has a story to tell- that you can retell time and time again.
- Only the most stable timbers were used to build the original structures, supporting them for sometimes hundreds of years; so, you can be confident of the wood's continued stability in the next phase of its life as a floor.
- Some wood, such as the American Chestnut, can only be found through reclaimed resources.